Friday, March 26, 2004

Flaked out

This morning I discovered that something had gone drastically wrong with my housekeeping abilities and we had run out of my favourite cereal, and I had a choice of the Boy’s sweet stuff (urgh) and Ned’s healthy stuff (urgh). The bread was needed for sandwiches so toast was out of the equation, and there wasn’t time to cook anything. But wait! What was that box lurking at the back of the shelf? Hmm, I wonder how long that’s been there? Still, beggars can’t be choosers – it’ll have to do. With a few sultanas thrown on it should be reasonably palatable, and, good TOG that I am, I say “pish and tush!” to use-by dates. There have been no dire after-effects, so I can say that, although they tasted somewhat musty, Weetabix that should have been eaten before January 2003 aren’t too bad.

0 comments: