Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why don't you go where fashion sits

Okay … I’ve got the hotel room booked for the end of the month and I’ve booked the flights (aren’t airport taxes a swizz? But I really didn’t fancy spending most of a weekend on a train) so we can not only get to my nephew’s wedding do, but we have somewhere to sleep as well. But what shall I wear? The invitation says ‘formal’, but what does that mean nowadays? It’s an evening do, with speeches and dancing. Nephew, brother, and no doubt other males, will be bekilted. Ned can wear his suit. But should I wear my ‘little black dress’ (though I usually only wear it to funerals), or something more frivolous? I think my Biba dress might not be quite right, even though it’s an original and retro’s ‘in’. Long or short? Tailored or flowing? Decisions, decisions. I think I’m going to have to go shopping. Boo. I’m told Oxfam in Summertown has a very upmarket donor catchment area, and fab bargains can be had there. But I can’t face going to Oxford; it’ll have to be a Leamington Special.

Eek! A wedding present! What do you get for a couple who’ve been living together for years and therefore have everything they need?

0 comments: