Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Hello darkness, my old friend

Isn’t a night a long time when you’re awake through it? It was very strange – I was fine for the first few hours, sometimes managing to nearly drift off, but at 2am the worries started – what had I got to do in the morning? If we buy the car we’re looking at what’s the best way to transfer funds to finance it? Where are the student loan forms I’ve got to fill in? And suchlike thoughts. So I firmly put them to one side as being silly at that time, and settled down again. But at 3am the demons hit. All the vile things that happen on the news were re-enacted in my head; all the deliberate cruelties and tortures of living things by Man, and wartime atrocities. Not conducive to restful sleep. It was about 4am before I finally managed to doze off, so when the alarm went off at 7am I wasn’t really ready to wake up, and I haven’t properly caught up all day. So I’m amazed that it only took me 2 hours to uninstall and reinstall the computer’s anti-virus software which had decided not to run any more. Blimey, that’s complicated - almost as complicated as the Student Loan application form is turning out to be. I’m getting in such a muddle. Time for a cup of cocoa liberally laced with paracetamol.

PS. Our pond is full of froggies giving each other sepcial cuddles and making lots of tapioca.

0 comments: