Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

Some of you might remember my July 16th blog when I wrote about the dreadful behaviour on the M25 of a driver for Hunt Bros. Transport of Warrington. They don’t have a website but Lorry managed to get details of their whereabouts (Sankey Valley Industrial Estate, Junction Lane, Newton-le-Willows, WA12 8DN), and on Monday 17th July I telephoned them (on 01925 222068) to make sure these details were correct. The man on the phone said that yes, their lorries did indeed have that livery, so I asked him who I should address a letter of complaint to. He told me that Mr Robert Hunt, the Transport Manager, would be the best recipient, so I posted the following:

Dear Mr Hunt

I am writing to inform you of the appalling behaviour of one of your lorry drivers.

Travelling on the M25 on Sunday 16th July, there was heavy congestion and a 40mph speed limit had been imposed between junctions 13 and 16, and the overhead gantries advised motorists to stay in lane. After J15, between 18.30 and 18.40, we witnessed one of your trucks (registration number MX03 NYW) weaving from lane to lane, causing car drivers to swerve to avoid being hit by his trailer (number HBT28). On the occasions that he found no way past motorists who were obeying the limit he was tailgating them and flashing his headlights.

I’m well aware that HGV drivers are restricted in the hours they can drive but that does NOT give them the right to attempt to force other vehicles out of the way. It’s been very many years since I last saw such aggressive driving; it was absolutely disgraceful, and it was only due to the quick-thinking of other motorists in taking avoiding action that there wasn’t a serious accident.

This man isn’t fit to be in charge of a tea-trolley, let alone a motor vehicle of any size. I would appreciate your assurance that there will be no possibility of this happening again.

Yours sincerely,


Two weeks on, and I haven’t even received an acknowledgement of my letter. How rubbish. But I'm pleased to see the July 16th blog is at the top when googling them!

0 comments: