Friday, February 05, 2010

When I'm calling yooooo oooo oooo ooooo

Piglet has changed since Harry's death. Although he's stopped searching for him in every room in the house, or looking round for him when we're out on our walks, he's become less independent and confident and much clingier, and likes us all to be together in the house. Anyone going out causes distress, and now whenever Ned leaves for work he gets summoned to return to the group:



This can go on for some time. Luckily our neighbours don't seem to be bothered.

Computer-wise I managed (with a bit of help) to remove the old defunct commenty system; shame, because I thought it was very good. Unfortunately it means that none of the comments on previous posts show, and it looks like I'm a real Billy-no-mates who's been talking to herself for the past however many years. I was able to copy them all over to the hard drive, and if I have a spare few years I might replace them all, but as it'd probably mean copying them all individually I can't see that happening in the near future.

9 comments:

Stu said...

You're not a Billy-no-mates... we all love you very much!

Poor Piglet. But more to the point... poor you! You could audition him for X-Factor next year... I'm guessing he's more talented than Jedward.

omally said...

Tchoh! NO-ONE is more talented than Jedward!

There must be a way for you to import your comments back to your blog now that you're on the blogger comment feed. I shall have a nosey. What file format is your file with all the saved comments in? (e.g. .doc .bak .blm .csv etc)

Bez does the same as Piglet but only if I go out via the back door. Well, not _exactly_ the same, being a cat, but you know what I mean.

Jeangenie said...

It's an XML document, whatever that is when it's at home.

omally said...

GAH! I thought I'd found an answer, but it seems to dissolve rapidily into Martian:

http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/posts/BB856.html

Keep hold of your .xml file, though, something will turn up soon I'm sure!

Lord Hutton said...

Dear Billy
Please can you shut that dog up.
A

Jeangenie said...

Hahahahaha!

NigelH said...

Have I commented yet?

Jeangenie said...

Yes. :)

omally said...

Ooo! You *could* just move your entire blog over to Wordpress...
http://en.wordpress.com/features/