Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The thunder of stampeding rhinos

Yesterday evening I noticed that a new cache had been planted very close to home, and I wondered whether to go out in the dark by myself and see if I could get it. But we’re a team, so when Ned phoned from work to say goodnight I told him about it and he promised to come home straight away in the morning. So we set off hunting shortly after 8 in the nearly-frosty morning and managed to bag our third First-to-Find! It’s as well I didn’t go out in the dark – I’d have sunk without trace in a particular part of the path! I know it’s verging on the obsessive to be so keen, but it was so close to home (just over three miles) as to be ‘our’ territory.

A successful number-plate spotting session was had when I went to Banbury to buy meat for the dogs, as I bagged 248, 249 and 250. It certainly helps that, between us, we’re on the road for about 4 hours a day, and it’s ordinary road, not motorway, so we can see the numberplates coming towards us easily. We’re a quarter of the way there!

0 comments: