Sunday, February 13, 2005

Tell me why I don't like Mondays

Actually don't bother; I know why. It's because I've got to get to work before I know what's happening and whether or not I feel like going. Which I won't.

LENT (Liver (Entire Network) Treatment) is all very well, and most mornings are surprisingly painfree. But any good Christian (which I assuredly am not) will tell you that Sundays in Lent 'don't count'. Well, think about it. Forty days in the wilderness. Forty days from Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day, when all the eggs are eaten before the Lenten Fast) doesn't take you up to Easter. But it does (as the jolly good vicar we used to have before the new one took over reassured us as we gibbered) as long as you take Sunday off. So, as usual, Ned and I are off the alcomahol (unless we get dispensation for a very sepcial occasion) till Easter. But come Sunday ...

Oh dear. My glass seems to be empty.

0 comments: