Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

I’ve been terribly strong today, seeing as how I’ve been barred from the computer all day. You see, our bedroom’s at the front of the house, and the council are busy resurfacing the road. They actually started last week when we were off work, but for some reason they decided to save the noisy stuff for when we’re back to the old routine and Ned (who works nights) becomes a Creature Of The Night. So he’s sleeping on the futon in the back room with the computer – which means I can’t be tapping and typing away and disturbing him. It meant I got to do some gardening in the front (hammer and bolster chisel to remove some of the drive) but I did get a little fractious.

Our local MP came canvassing this evening – I ended up giving him advice on how to handle his 16-year old son, and to reassure him that, although his boy will soon be able to drive himself everywhere and not rely on parents as a taxi service, his wallet will never be safe. Shame the conversation didn’t get around to politics at all. I could have told him how angry I get at the poxy tax laws making booze-cruising economically viable, not only to fill the car up with drink but also petrol as well, when I’d far rather pop out to Tesco or somewhere and buy English beer at the price I can get it in France.

Before I forget to mention it (as Simon’s site seems to have vanished into the ether, and for some reason I seem to be surprised) the weather forecast for this weekend is complete pants, so fence-painting would be a waste of everyone’s time. We’ll see what bodes for next weekend, if anyone’s up for it.

0 comments: