Saturday, April 02, 2005

Now that the spring is in the air

As it was such a beautiful day I decided that, rather than listen to what my head and body were telling me (“sleeeeeeep, you neeeeed sleeeeeep”) following a really rotten night of wakefulness, and nobody in the chatroom at 3am when I was awake and bored and alone in the house, I’d go into Leamington and place the small series of caches we’ve had in the pipeline for some weeks, and which have been playing on my mind. It wasn’t easy finding suitable places because Leam’s kept pretty tidy, and the undergrowth is artistic rather than natural. And I really wanted some in the town because I’d thought of such a fab name for them – the Spa Trek series. Ned and the Boy think the name's awful, but what do they know? Tchoh! But eventually all was in place. I hope Ned isn’t too cross that I did it without him, but he did come recceing with me last weekend, so he’s seen all the sites.

Then it was time to walk the dogs, and they caught another rabbit (that’s two in two days) so that was their dinner sorted. Odd that they never catch them just before the dustmen come and take the binbag away, so the skin and innards sit and fester for a week. After dealing with that it seemed as good a time as any to go seeking another cache site for the Blogring Challenge caches, so I took a couple of the dogs with me for company – I feel a little vulnerable exploring strange places on my own, but walking dogs is less conspicuous somehow. They were terribly excited at this change in routine and were complete PITAs; there was no way I was going to let them off the lead, and there were lots of bunnies enjoying the sunshine, and it was nearly all too much. Unfortunately the wood I’d hoped to be able to get into was securely fenced off with ‘Private’ notices on all access points. Disappointing, but I guess that’s why it was so full of primroses and violets, with bluebells to come soon. Keep the people out and nature can thrive. So there was no suitable site on the route I took, but from it I could see more possible places, so I’ll go out again tomorrow – my leggies are far too tired tonight. 18,558 steps, and the day’s not yet over. Does anyone know what the Blogring series is going to be called?

0 comments: