Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Travel down the road and back again

My faith in 99.9% of humanity was restored today after our shopping trip. We went into Banbury and bought more meat for the dogs, then went to Tesco. Ned had his daily optimistic bank-balance check at the hole-in-the-wall (no, nothing yet; grrr) then we shopped for the essentials, paid and left.

When we arrived home the answering machine was flashing its little red light. A message from Tesco Customer Services for me - I'd left my bank cards at the checkout, and they'd been handed in; would I come and collect them?

Thank you to the honest people who handed them in. Thank you to Tesco for being so efficient as to let me know they were safe before I even realised they were missing, thus saving me agonies of panic and trouble cancelling everything. Store loyalty cards have more benefits than mere points - they'd traced me so quickly because of it. How do I know? They'd replaced it in its pocket the wrong way round!*

*Whaddya mean, 'obsessive'?

0 comments: