Tuesday, August 17, 2010

She'll put a spell on you

"When shall we three meet again?" "Well, I can manage next Thursday." I think I'm being invaded by witches. Yesterday when I was locking up to go to work I found this little character on the back step trying to get in



Then in the evening when I was telling Ned about it a black cat strolled nonchalantly down the hallway and appeared in the kitchen, and was hastened out of the back door (rather faster than I imagine it had entered!) before Piglet woke up; the mess that would have caused doesn't bear thinking about! Goodness knows how long it had been in the house, but it was one familiar too far. They say black cats are lucky - that one certainly was, to have visited our house and left unscathed.

5 comments:

Rich said...

Toadally excellent!

Anonymous said...

TROUTY SAYS:
Actually, it's a Common frog. Slightly unusual markings but that dark patch beneath the eye is a dead giveaway. A lovely little chap and a good pic, Jan.

Lord Hutton said...

Was it Nelly before Tammy kissed him?

omally said...

After, mate, after.

NigelH said...

Can you give us Saturday's winning lottery numbers, please? (By the way, I didn't notice any warts last time I saw you)