Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What a big surprise

I went into Leamington today to have lunch with the other women I used to work with (and to give them back my key to the building - I'll have to smash a window if I want to break in now!). We had a nice lunch and chat - Boss's flat was flooded last week after the heavy rain, which has particularly pissed him off as it's only 6 months since they finished refurbishing after the last time it did this. One woman's son is refusing to go to school because he's sick of the juvenile behaviour of some of his classmates - luckily he's going to a new school in September. I could tell them about the free advertising Radio 2 is giving to the game written by the Boys Upstairs, because a copy of it (Mashed, fully loaded) and a PS2 to play it on was one of the prizes in Steve Wright's Big Quiz, so it gets mentioned every day; and that Puzzle's rival gave away 30 copies of a CD Rom we designed as prizes on their website.

Then when it was time to go they gave me a big bunch of flowers and a card signed by everyone and some Hawkshead vouchers. Which was a nice surprise.

0 comments: