Thursday, February 09, 2006

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

It started when I was in the bank in Leamington having paid in a cheque (hurrah!) and went to the cashpoint to get some readies. That was when I discovered my bank cards weren't in my bag, no matter how many times I searched it. So I retraced my steps to the Jobcentre to see if the wallet was there, but despite upturning every chair I couldn't find it. It wasn't on the floor of the car either, so rather than shopping I tried to stay under the speed limit all the way home, and mostly succeeded. The cards weren't on the kitchen table, nor in my caching-bag where I'd stuffed my handbag the other day when we'd parked the car in an unsalubrious area and I didn't fancy having it nicked. So I went upstairs and tried not to wake Ned as I searched in the bedroom, but failed in that too. When he came downstairs I was on the phone to the last place where I remember having them, but that was two days ago, and they didn't have them either. All this time the panic was rising and I was consciously having to remember to breathe.

Then Ned found them in a bag of Christmas cards I'd taken to put into a recycling bin, but brought home again because the bin wasn't there any more. Just as well really. I love Ned.

0 comments: