Thursday, February 23, 2006

In the middle of the night

It was all very confusing. There I was fidgeting, unable to get back to sleep after waking suddenly in a panic (rats in the tunnel, or something) at 2.36am. I rearranged the pillows, had a drink of water and lay down again, but that was no good. I turned over and tried not to think about all our worries; and besides, even if I could remember Boy’s UCAS total there was nothing I could do with it in the middle of the night. Next I got out of bed and went to the loo, hoping that being more comfortable would help. It didn’t, although feeling the warmth of the bed seeping back into my bones after getting chilly out of bed was very pleasant. But although I felt exhausted I still couldn’t sleep, and I made the mistake of looking at the clock again. 2.20am. Eh? That’s when I gave up rational thought.

0 comments: