Thursday, March 09, 2006

Times they are a-changing

I collected most of the Boy's belongings from Uni today, tomorrow being the end of term. I'd have done that even if he'd been returning after the break because all the students have to empty their rooms every holiday. But he won't be returning for the summer.

I do wish things had been different. I wish he'd enjoyed not only Uni life (which he did) but also the course. He tells me that if he'd wanted a career as a civil engineer he'd have gritted his teeth at the difficult bits and got on with it, but as he'd realised that it wasn't the future for him changing was the sensible thing to do. After all, this isn't a dress rehearsal for Life; as far as we know this is It, so settling for dutiful unhappiness would be foolish.

That's all very sensible and logical, but it doesn't stop me worrying what he's going to do with his life. Once again we're in limbo.

0 comments: