Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hail! Hail! we're full of cheer

The annual MongMeet was a jolly affair, with some good friends there and some good friends missing. 28 people turned up, with at least another 20 absent for various reasons. As always I came away thinking how lucky we were to come across an internet gang made up of not entirely insane maniacs plotting havoc and destruction on an unsuspecting world, but instead some pleasant fruitcakes, only slightly touched in the upper storey at times (including the one with the imaginary wife). And as usual I keep remembering things I'd forgotten to do; talk to Henry about his paintings, not only the brilliant evocative Drowned Man but also his fascinating landscape with the inverted colours which I thought had a touch of genius about it; give Hutters the magazines we'd saved for him (no, not that sort of magazine!), and general catching up with everyone. However bodily discomfort distracted me a lot of the time and I wasn't on top form, which was a shame, and I apologise for my dullness. But Kouros had forgotten about The Game.

0 comments: