Sunday, June 06, 2010

Breathe, breathe in the air

At last the year has begun! For the first time in 2010 there's been enough daylight and warmth for me to spend enough time out of doors to throw off the effects of SAD and start to live again. Perhaps this is why I feel so much better when we go camping, even if the weather's shit. When we come home the house is stuffy and airless and I feel trapped. But now my brain is clear, I can think as quickly as I used to (I'd begun seriously to think I was in the early throes of dementia), as if a fog has lifted. This is fantastic. The Real Me, who's been smothered under a suffocating blanket of nebulous nothingness, has fought her way free! Hooray! Hooray for sunshine! Hooray for air!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TROUTY SAYS:
It has been a VERY long winter.
I can't remember being as cold for so long before.
It IS lovely to be outside again. The birds seem to be singing louder than ever before.
I expect they feel the same as we do!

silver horde said...

It's time for me to stay indoors now as the outside temp. is in the 80s! Yesterday we went (foolishly) to the desert, it was 100*! Couldn't get out of the air conditioned car! Just saying ;)Glad it's summer in England at last, hope it lasts until August when I come for a visit!
Jane
my word verification is ovenc!

Lord Hutton said...

And now the weather is with us again.

omally said...

Heh. Whenever I read that first chapter in Wind in the Willows, I shall always liken you to Moley :)