Monday, April 19, 2004

Bits and pieces

The ‘project’ – a band-based speaker cabinet – has gone back to school to be completed on site. When it was being forcibly removed from the workbench a small part of the overflowing extrusion snapped off, and to our great amusement yet more emerged – it isn’t dead yet! The whole thing is now roughly conical as opposed to pyramidal, but I have a horrid feeling that by the time the finishing touches have been applied it is going to bear a strong resemblance to a 4-foot high phallus.

It was a bit tricky being back at work today, because the job requires me to think very tightly and exactly, and I have spent the past few days thinking very loosely and laterally on the Donkey. It took a while to get back into the swing of things again, but I think it probably helped, because I managed to solve the puzzle I’d been stuck on last night almost as soon as I looked at it again. Perhaps the same thing will happen again tomorrow!

Oh, and we saw a wonderful numberplate on a motorhome the other day, on a par with the one on a bright red long wheelbase Landrover I saw a few years ago, which read P4 NTS. This one read: TW04 WUN.

0 comments: