Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Oh Carol! I am but a fool!

I was a very silly girl today, and went along with one of Ned’s bright ideas. We each read Carol’s blog (if I was clever I'd do a successful link there) and noticed she said she’d be dead impressed if anyone managed to ring her at work. Well, Ned took that as a challenge, but because he has a phone phobia, I had to do the call. My timing was bad, as I got the impression that personal phonecalls are frowned upon, and with the Boss at your shoulder it’s hard to disguise the fact. I was tempted to pretend she was Safeways and ask when she closed, but my nerve failed. However the upshot is that apparently that call meant I’ve volunteered to write her blog for her one day this weekend. I have enough problems writing my own. This could be a disaster!

And I’ve had my stupid head on for the rest of the day. I’ve been pondering and considering and mulling over a particular Donkey puzzle, having become convinced of the track I should be following. ‘Alexander Rex?’ ‘Amanda Rex?’ All flipping day I had these names going round and round, until I looked at my doodles for a second time, and there was the answer, blindingly obvious. I recall a hint (one of mine, I think, to really rub it in) in a previous Donkey that used the same terminology.

However I am managing to leave one or two hints on the Forum that I am dead proud of - I wonder if anyone will understand them enough to find them helpful?

0 comments: