Thursday, April 29, 2004

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head

I managed to sleep in till 6 o’clock this morning, which, although not the 7.30 I’d rather set my heart (and alarm) on, was a step in the right direction. The weather was no better than yesterday, but the dogs, after their initial reluctance to venture out into the nasty wet, enjoyed splashing in the field. The rest of the morning was spent ambling damply round the shops in Banbury, trying to find a suitable present for Ned, but without a great deal of luck. I got a large bag of meaty bones (for free) for the dogs, which was fairly heavy to lug around the shops but I didn’t want to go all the way back to the car to leave them. Thursday is one of Banbury’s market days, so finding a parking space near to the shopping centre can be a challenge. As it was I did quite well, and was only half a mile away.

There was some interesting stuff in some of the shops, but nothing that leapt out at me shrieking “This is what he wants” so I gave up and went to test perfumes instead. No, I still can’t find one I like – they all seem sickly-sweet and make me sneeze. So I sploshed back to the car (spotting a ‘4’ number-plate on the way!) and just missed an opportunity to run down Herr Flick on my way out of town. Better luck next time perhaps.

Lost & Found stats - Lost: my good art rubber.
Found: the sharp kitchen knife.

0 comments: