Saturday, May 29, 2004

Grease is the word

We had a busy day today. Once the house was emptied of teenagers (I’m not sure how many stayed over, but they were very good) and the chores (dog walking, laundry etc) had been done, we set of for our first shopping trip, into Leamington. That was successful, despite not seeing car registration 30. After lunch and the second dogwalk we went into Banbury to buy screws, glue and varnish for the trailer-lid Ned’s making. While we were there we had a look around Curry’s to see if we could get ideas for something I wanted to buy. A DVD/video would be good, seeing as our old video player died when water came down through the aerial cable. But so would a digital camera, or even a washing machine. But we don’t want to buy anything from a place like that because the staff don’t know anything about the products and are just trying to sell anything. I wonder if there’s an online version of ‘Which’ magazine – bound to be, surely?

After we got back and fed the dogs Ned got on with his woodwork, and to keep him company and be available for useful holding tasks I got out the car polish and started on the roof. Although my legs have a reasonable degree of stamina, my arms are pathetically weak. By the time I’d done the roof of the car, standing on tiptoe to reach the middle, they were ready to drop off. It was also nearly 8 o’clock by this time – too late really to start cooking supper. So Ned went for a takeaway.

Grroooooaaaaannnnn! Remind me I must resist fish and chips in future. We don’t have them often, as it’s quite a drive to the chippy (mind you it’s quite a drive to any takeaway, and nobody delivers to the villages) so every time I forget that, although I enjoy them enormously, within half an hour I feel like a bloated beached whale of blubber. I expect it’s my liver protesting at having to try to break down the enormous amount of fat. It’s soooo uncomfortable. I know if I went for a run around the village I’d feel a lot better, but it’s too much effort to get as far as the front door.

No thanks, I really don't want even one leetle waffer-theen meent ...

0 comments: