Saturday, May 22, 2004

Put a chain around my neck ...

I decided not to go with the ‘three questions chain blog’ because I am trying to resist being sucked into anything else at the moment. We are (and I do not have delusions of grandeur here, I mean both Ned and I … or Ned and me … hmmm) very susceptible to persuasion and easily led, so for this I shall put my foot down.

It all started with an innocent post on another Forum, saying ‘Hey look, here’s a puzzle site, it looks quite fun’. So I had a brief look, and at first glance it was innocent enough – and there was a monetary prize! Gosh – where’s the catch? So I went back to the first site and made sure it was free to register and all that (yes it was), returned to register and found the prize had been won! Damn! But I registered anyway, and that’s when the Donkey got his first little hoof-hold into me. Through the Donkey we found SimonG, which led to our discovery of the Favourite Things experiment, which led to geocaching, and teeshirts, and having my conceptions of verbal profanity realigned more in the direction of the animal kingdom, and Consecutive Number Plate Spotting, and blogging.

From a resistance point of view, we are straws in the wind.

0 comments: