Friday, May 28, 2004

Me, myself, I

Following on from my hyperventilation, verbal incoherence, near cardiac arrest and general all-round pantsness yesterday (I keep thinking of all the things I should have said), I am now in a dilemma about what would be the most suitable purchase to celebrate the occasion. I'm told the spondulicks come in the form of 'High Street Vouchers' as opposed to pees in the Coin of the Realm, and until I discover which shops will accept these tokens we are open to suggestions as to their most worthwhile destination.

If I was a genuinely self-sacrificing Good Person I would donate them to charity. However, I have worked for charities in the past, and I know what a waste that would be, and besides, there comes a time in one's life when a little selfishness is in order. So there. I am not going to look a Gift Horse in the Mouth. It would probably bite me anyway.

So. What to buy? My serious ideas include a digital camera, although I am at heart a 35mm SLR girl, who has reached the stage of getting about a quarter of a film of decent shots, and who knows diddly-squat about the whole principle of digital photography; and a watch that actually tells me the correct time. Any more random suggestions are welcomed - luck like this doesn't often come my way, and I want to remember it!

0 comments: