Sunday, May 16, 2004

We'll dig dig dig dig dig dig dig ...

There were so many things I'd planned to do today. Being woken at 6 o'clock yet again by Piglet singing and setting all the others off wasn't on the list, but hey - you get queue jumpers. Wombats. But to get back to the plan. Anyway, the 'things to do' list involved washing, ironing, vacuuming, cleaning, dusting, dog walking and gardening, with the rest of the day off. I vacuumed as loudly as I could outside the Boy's room to wake him enough to go to w**k, then because the weather was so good, set about the garden with a vengeance. And trowel. And long rubber gloves because of the nettles.

Five 15kg dog food bags of weeds, plus front and back lawns mown later, there was no time left to go to Burton Dassett and complete the James Bond (or Robin Hood, which I keep referring to it as) series of caches. Ned hadn't wasted his time, as he had finally got around to logging the Alchemy Quest caches we have located so far. By now it was time for cake and a pot of tea, with no time left for recreation.

Anyway ...

I discovered that my lickle baby wobbins have all hatched and successfully flown the nest - apart from one who didn't fly far enough and was discovered and dismembered by Beattie. I hope the remaining four live rather longer.

0 comments: