Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Descent into chaos

I can understand why, when I’m out with the dogs, I am often stopped and asked for directions. After all a person with dogs is likely to be local, and therefore reasonably certain to know where they (and you) are, although I was rather taken aback once to be asked for directions to the Farnborough Air Show. You may think there is nothing unusual in that, bearing in mind that Farnborough is only about 8 miles from us. But not that Farnborough. Our nearby Farnborough is a small village of about 500 occupants, and the biggest planes that can land there are powered by rubber bands. The Farnborough that has the Air Show is about 100 miles away. However usually the people who stop me are quite close to their ultimate destination (although some have actually been through it and didn’t notice) and don’t cause too many problems.

There was one lost soul though, who made me realise just how far society has descended into chaos, and that civilisation as we know it has come crashing around our ears. I was stopped and asked for directions by a policeman.

0 comments: