Friday, March 05, 2004

When you have spent many months chatting to your cyber friends, it's odd the mental image you build of them. Sometimes you get it pretty well right, other times you're way, way off! I met up with a few virtual chums at Crufts, having exchanged mobile numbers and calling each other when we arrived. Once when my phone rang it startled the person standing next to me who was making the call! That was Liberty (who turned out not to be an overweight trucker called Bert after all, but a very nice girl called Alison). She and Chloe and I were being cyber-cheerleaders for Dizzy (who looked nothing like I imagined) and her dog. Obviously our routine worked (a virtual version of Katchaturian's 'Cyber Dance') because Dizzy's dog took Best of Breed. Lib had brought along the grown-up Ribena, and we then settled to a good gossip. It was a shame I didn't get to meet Brainless, but at least I didn't get decked through calling the wrong person by her moniker. A good time was had by all, apart from my feet. And my arms. And my wallet.

Ned was very poorly, and although the morning post (just after noon) brought his long-awaited Garmin, he didn't even have the will to open it, and instead moped around the house carrying his trusty bucket (just in case). I do hope he doesn't decide to leave it as his first cache.

0 comments: