Thursday, March 25, 2004

Places to see, people to go

I have no idea what day of the week it is now. I usually go to work on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, but we had a Very Important Meeting scheduled for Thursday (changed at the last minute from Wednesday) so I swapped my days about so I could attend. And it was indeed very informative and productive, with the result that I almost know what I shall have to do over the next month - about three months' work, so that'll be interesting. If I could find a tame American that would be handy, but they don't seem to be listed in Yellow Pages. America may well be full of them, but that's not really any good for the forthcoming job. Still, it may mean overtime being needed, so that'll help the family fortune get started. The downside is that in that case I will see even less of Ned than I do already (he comes home from work as I leave, and vice versa).

My brother phoned me last night and offered to sell me his car. It's a very nice car. It's a lot newer than ours. Unfortunately instead of being simply silver, it is now silver, green and brown, and cunningly camouflaged with foliage and a handy section of chain-link fence from where he took it through a woodlet on its side. On balance, I think I'll stick with the one we have, with the boring wheels that conventionally all point in the same direction.

0 comments: