Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Suspicion …

Either the system has finally blown up or I have been deluded for very many years assuming that it functioned properly in the first place. The Boy came back from school with a note for me to sign confirming that he had an ‘Authorised Absence’ last Friday. I won’t sign it because he didn’t, and when I asked him where he had skived off to I was assured that he had in fact been in school. I have written ‘More details required’ on the form and given it back. Either they have made a wombat’s armpit of registration and are fabricating the figures (negating the point of doing it in the first place, and I refuse to play ball) or the Boy is lying through his teeth, and again I am not going to back him up. I think I may have to discuss the matter with his form tutor at the Prize-giving tomorrow (Mr Clever-clogs is getting awards for Maths and Physics. I think he’s a changeling). If he has indeed been skiving I’ll have my car-keys back, thank you very much.

0 comments: