Sunday, March 07, 2004

Uuurrgghhhh. Over to Ned ...

Hooray! at last, I've been allowed to play.

Well, as you can most likely tell JG still has her tummy ache. Meanwhile, I've recovered from an almost life theatening infection and am on the road to recovery. I was so incapacitated that although my GPS arrived on Thursday, I was too ill to even look at it. Friday came and wow it's great. I now know how far I've walked, how long I've walked for, how high I've been and how low. I played with it for quite a while trying to understand what buttons did what, marked a waypoint for home and then took the dogs out for their walk. I used to think that we went about 3 miles but now I KNOW we go 3.11 miles (I just knew that it would come in useful).

On Saturday I tried for my first cache, and failed. I came back home and looked again at the log and also looked at the encrypted hint. Back again, this time found it almost immediately, (foolish me had seen it on the first visit but had ignored it) hooray! I'm up and running.

When I went on to Geocaching.com to register they wouldn't let me use my name, so remembering how Eliot spells his name I'm entered as N3D, it doesn't seem right though.

Today I took it on our Sunday morning walk, I had organised this one and told the gang it was about 8 miles. There was a bit of dissent when they realised that we weren't even half way round and my new marvel was showing that we had covered 4.6 miles. Tempers were soothed when at 7 miles we reached the pub (The Peacock) for lunch. After lunch, (Steak and Ale Pie - not as good as The Halford Bridge's), it was straight back home 10.42 miles in total.

That means that the 10.42 miles of the walk, and the 3.11 miles of the morning dog walk, I'm up to 13.5 miles for the day which I hope will be enough for fitness level for Hadrians Wall at the end of April.

JG has been at home all day, but when I got back I still had to lay the fire, make the tea and now I've had to cook the dinner as well. Oh well, as they say a woman's work is never done. Thats why us blokes have to come and do it for them.

Until next time, Ned


0 comments: