Thursday, March 11, 2004

This has been a very strange day for blogging. Not only have I been trying to write my own blog, I also have The Great Secret Blogger Experiment to contend with, and write another blog in the style of 'A.N. Other'. So forgive me if this turns out to be more than usually drivel-ridden.

On my own behalf, I shall share with you my recent doughnut-disappointment. It was suggested in the chatroom that, rather than my new teeshirt being too big, my arms may in fact be too short, a physical deformity that could possibly be cured by eating doughnuts. Heavy doughnuts in particular. Always willing to trust in the suggestions of others (who shouted "Sucker!"?) I duly purchased a five-pack BOGOF of Morrisson's toffee doughnuts. If they don't lengthen my arms, nothing will. Or so I thought. I drew out a doughnut, studied it carefully to locate the filling-injection hole, carefully placed my thumb over it (not wanting to repeat Maris's problem) and bit in. Nothing. No toffee to be found. Empty. All of them.

So as yet my arms remain their usual length, and I don't have to sit further away from the keyboard. Perhaps toffee flavour was wrong. I'll try apple next. They say fruit is good for you, so I'll consider them to be health food.

0 comments: