Wednesday, June 23, 2004

And now, the end is near ...

The Boy had his final maths A-level paper today, which he wasn’t particularly looking forward to. He’s certainly been revising for it, even going in to school when he didn’t have to, to get help and explanations. But 10 minutes into the exam he developed a blinder of a headache, followed by cramp under his left shoulderblade. I’ve assured him that as long as he did his best, under the circumstances, that’s all anyone can ask. But he’s somewhat depressed by it. Still, only one more exam to go - physics, next Monday.

On a brighter note, Beattie’s toe seems better (fingers crossed it lasts) and is now off her antibiotics, and I realised I should have bought some live yoghurt to get her gut flora back to something approaching normal. To that end I waited till the morning’s torrential rain had all but stopped, then walked into the village to get some at the local shop, because I haven’t got enough of a shopping list together yet to make a trip into Banbury, Leamington or Stratford viable. As soon as I came within sight of the shop I realised that I’d left the Council Tax cheque at home, when I should really have paid it in at the Post Office last week. Damn! Anyway, the shop didn’t have any live yoghurt so I bought her some Danone-stuff (hope she likes it) and a Mars Delight to fortify myself for the walk home in the resumed cloudburst. Tomorrow I shall get some proper live yoghurt after I’ve scoured the fabric shops for orange fur-fabric.

*goes to continue search for the Very Important Document that Ned has put in a Safe Place*

CNPS: 70

0 comments: