Sunday, June 27, 2004

I've been losing my head, I've been losing my way


Simon, Henry and Ned Posted by Hello


Wey Tamarisk Posted by Hello

When Ned went over to Napton to deliver some photos to Henry and Simon he was delighted to meet Trouty there too! She had got fed up with being all by herself and just upped sticks and gone to join them. So I'm sure Henry's feeling happier tonight.

In accordance with Kouros’ instructions of the die, I had 5 Things to accomplish this weekend. I started this morning with Marmite on toast, which after the shocking night I’d had (fever, nausea etc) was the only thing that would stay down. Later on I got the lentil splot cooking, and I have to admit it is tasty. I’m not sure it’s a Favourite Thing, but it has certainly been Thung. This afternoon we went geocaching (another Thing) which was somewhat of a disaster. I still wasn’t feeling very well, and I’ve never been good at sums anyway, but really! To fail to add 1+1+1 correctly is really desperate. This slip was only discovered after we’d walked a mile in completely the wrong direction. It was a very pretty walk in lovely weather, but an annoyance when we had limited time. We retraced our steps and, using the correct coordinates apparently got to within 49 feet of the cache. Except that the GPS was insistent that we should be in the middle of a field instead of in a wood. Anyway we searched for about half an hour then called it a day. Our first ‘Could Not Find’. When we got home we checked on the geocaching website and the last three people to report beck had also FTF. It must have gone. All that for nothing!

I’m now looking forward to a having a Big Girly Bath (as long as the Boy has left me some hot water) to ease my aching feet and legs. I’ll have to look at The List for my 5th and final Thing. But it'll have to be something easy. I'm exhausted!

0 comments: