Thursday, June 24, 2004

No milk today ...

What is the correct way to dispose of milk? Last summer our dog-sitter left a full litre carton of UHT milk, plus an opened one, in the fridge when she went home after minding our house and dogs while we were away in Cornwall. I tried finishing off the opened one in coffee, and it was unspeakably vile, so I gave it to the dogs. Who weren’t keen either. So the full carton has sat in the back of the fridge, minding its own business, ever since. Until today, when I decided to evict it. The ‘best before’ date was last October, but I’ve never been one to take much notice of things like that.

But, what to do with it? I’m not using it because it is horrid even when its fresh. I can’t give it to the dogs because they didn’t like it last time. I can’t pour it down the drain because milk is a toxic pollutant, and if it gets into the watercourse it kills fishies and things. I suppose it’ll have to go into the bin, unopened. And if the weather gets hot before next Wednesday, it'll explode ...

CNPS: 71

0 comments: