Monday, June 07, 2004

swodniW gninaelc m'I nehW

I do apologise to anyone who may have caught a brief glimpse of the #1 version of tonight's blog. It was a very amusing (yes it was, don't argue) story about how the bright sunshine of the past few days had revealed exactly how dirty my windows are, and how, being a person who's careful with her money, I haven't employed a window-cleaner for nearly 20 years, preferring to risk life and limb hanging precariously out of upstairs windows, lathery shammy in hand, all to save a couple of quid.

This led on to the rumour that that there is a magnetic gadget (probably most recently available from the Innovations catalogue) that will clean both sides of your windows at once. Exactly how the water, and the final polish with a scrunched-up newspaper to remove smears, is applied has always eluded me, but I'm sure there's a method.

And that led on to the known fact that computer screens need the same treatment. It's all very well removing the greasy fingermarks and the yoghurt splashes, but what about the internal grime. At this point I published a link to a very clever site that performs this function for you, because when I saw it the first time (work's computer, oh dear!) I only saw part of it, and was somewhat amused. When, checking the published blog, I saw the complete image I realised that I had linked my dear chummingtons to a Dutch p*rn site.

As I said at the beginning, I do apologise!

0 comments: